• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2ers: Do You Ever Latch Your Collar?

zoomer

I do sometimes - say if there's a sudden cold snap and I'm out without a muffler or turtleneck.

I find many military-cut A-2s that fit well otherwise are too small at the neck for me (I take a 17 shirt collar).

Just curious as to how much of a wierdo I am for actually using this design feature.

Falcon_52

Zoomer:

You are not alone, brother. I use the throat latch on my A-2s all the time; particularly when motorcycling. I also use it in the conditions you described - it helps keep a little extra heat in. How about this for a kicker: I actually use the throat latch on my B-2 also! :shock:

Noel

Vcruiser

Zoomer
I certainly don't think that just latching the collar on your A2 makes you a weirdo.
Van
{Wait a minute...did that sound right?} :p

Marv

Never, don't think I have even attempted to fasten it on any of my A2's.

MikeyB-17

Only if I've misread weather conditions and worn it when I should have worn something warmer-as I sometimes did when going to speedway matches.

better duck

Yep, with my ELC RW 1401 I can and do do that when riding my bike: saves the zipper from being pulled downward by the windblast.
With my ELC G1 I can also put the collar up and fasten it with the button. Strangely I cannot do this with my ELC M422A. Ah the wonders of sizing matters ....