• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 Zipper Length

atkins

Gents, i need your help on A-2 zipper length. What is the length on a 44, 42 and 40 jacket ( from the top stopper to the box stopper below)?

Thanks in advance,

Atkins

greyhound52

Do you have a specific jacket in mind? Reproduction or original? I can tell you on my Buzz Rickson Roughwear bronco hide version the 42 and 44 have the same length 23 inches. On my house Buzz Rickson (which is really a 23380 Roughwear contract) it is 23 on a size 44. My Goodwear Aero 16160 size 44 is also 23 inches. My RMNZ size 46 (which is really a 44) is 22.5 inches. On my original Doniger size 44 (I have two and they are the same) it is 24 inches. So you see it can vary a bit from maker to maker both in the original and reproduction lines.

atkins

Thanks very much George,

I need to figure out the minimum zipper length for that sizes, so i guess 22.5" is the safest?.

greyhound52

Actually I have more that are 23 than 22.5. Bevan had that RMNZ made to his specs so that is why it is a bit shorter.

ties70

Hello Atkins,

I have compared the zipper on E-Bay to the Hookless in my new size 46REG ELC Werber A-2 jacket: The zipper I have on auction has 5-6 teeth less, which makes it slightly less than one cm shorter.

Hope this helps,

Ties

atkins

ties70 said:
Hello Atkins,

I have compared the zipper on E-Bay to the Hookless in my new size 46REG ELC Werber A-2 jacket: The zipper I have on auction has 5-6 teeth less, which makes it slightly less than one cm shorter.

Hope this helps,

Ties

Thanks Ties. I'll ask Gary about putting Hookless on their Rough Wear.

Roughwear

atkins said:
ties70 said:
Hello Atkins,

Hope this helps,

Ties

Why would you want to have a Hookless zip installed on a RW? I don't know of any original RWs that had this zipper on them. They had Talons or Crowns.

atkins

Roughwear said:
atkins said:
ties70 said:
Hello Atkins,

Hope this helps,

Ties

Why would you want to have a Hookless zip installed on a RW? I don't know of any original RWs that had this zipper on them. They had Talons or Crowns.

It's just me being crazy about military hardware, Hookless with the eyelets and sturdy metal thingy is just too unique to refuse. It'll be very cool jacket IMHO. And Gary of ELC said "no", I have to install Hookless zipper on ELC's RoughWear myself. :D .

Atkins