• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 POCKET FLAP PROBLEM

RAYMUNDO

RECENTLY BOUGHT AN A-2 GOATSKIN JACKET THAT HAS BENT CORNERS ( POINTING UP) ON ONE OF THE FRONT TOP FLAP POCKETS. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THE CORNERS SO THAT THEY LIE FLAT LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO? CAN'T IMAGINE HOW THIS HAPPENED. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS,

RAY

Cobblers161

Show us some pics Ray although if I'm honest I prefer that kind of thing, it shows a little character. Having said that it depends how extreme it is.

dmar836

There are some other posts where members have used water to reshape them.
Pics would be great!
Dave

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
... and if you want it really flat, use a piece of card as a backing, and hold down with a Bulldog clip until fry.

Jaguar46

I will do this when making something flat. Wet it. Lay it on a flat surface. For a pocket flap, you may need to use the edge of a table. Stack a plastic wrapped paper pad on it, then stack magazines or books on top of it for an hour. When you take them off, the leather will be perfectly flat. Let it dry flat.

RAYMUNDO

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I HAVE WET THE POCKET FLAP CORNERS AND BENT THEM BACK WITH CLOTHES PINS. THIS HELPED BUT DID NOT TOTALLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM SO I WET THE CORNERS AGAIN AND PLACED A SMALL DAMP SPONGE ON THE CORNERS AND HELD IT DOWN WITH A HEAVY PLASTIC BOTTLE FOR OVER AN HOUR. THIS GAVE MUCH BETTER RESULTS BUT IT MIGHT NEED ONE MORE TIME. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL POSTS AND POSTERS. RAY