• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 Jackets: Wait time for delivery

yankeerebel65

Newbie here so please be patient...

I'm shopping for a new A-2. I've looked at GW, BK, ELC, Aero but I can't seem to locate any info as to how much time it takes from placement of order to shipping date.

I read in another post here on VLG that one gentleman was promised a jacket from one of the above suppliers in 15 MONTHS!! Is this standard?

Can anyone weigh in on this.

Thanks!

Dr H

Presumably that's the GW? If so, then that's the top estimate, but realistic (one man tailoring operation, bespoke service and a full order book).
However, the quality of the product is exceptionally good.
The other manufacturers mentioned have significantlying shorter delivery times with differing degrees of customisation offered.

yankeerebel65

Thanks Dr. H. I think you're right on the GW but not 100% sure. In your best "guess"...can you just give me an idea of what kind of delivery I can expect if I didn't have any custom work done?

As I said...I'm a newbie at VLG...

Roughwear

Ian is quite right. All GW A2s are custom made jackets and the weight time is around 15 months. Sometimes members advertise second hand ones on VLJ so it is worth watching the Buy/Sell section. The weight times for ELC varies, but can be a couple of weeks. For BK is can be a few weeks or several months depending on availability of leather.

yankeerebel65

Hi Andrew. Thanks to you as well. You 2 (Dr. H & you) have helped me so much and now I have a fairly good idea of what to expect.

This is a great site!

Appreciate y'all.
Tony

B-Man2

You may want to list a WTB thread in the Buy/Sell section with your size, price range, etc. If someone has one for sale they will contact you via your thread or send you a private message.

Burton

Jeff M

Yes.
GoodWear is around 15 months. And worth the wait.
I own/owned jackets by all those you mention. My favorite manufacturer is GW.

It's worth keeping an eye on the classifieds for one in your size, as they turn up not infrequently as GW owners tend to continually fine-tune their A2 wardrobe with new GW's. :lol: