• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 Deck Jacket called Type 1?

Goodhype

Hi good folks! I bought a A-2 deck jacket recently from Japan and its labelled called it:

Jacket, Cold Weather, Permeable, Type 1

I'm curious when and why did it get called Type 1, as I've also seen earlier labels that showed (A-2) or nothing at all.

From research it seems only that these contract number DLA100-86-C-0880 from Centre MFG Co Inc has this anomaly

This is legit military issue?

Any experts care to shed some light?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 3_mn.jpg
    3_mn.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 216

Juanito

I am sorry, but these aren't even remotely similar; rather a bizarre coincidence that they are both "Type A-2" jackets.

MikeyB-17

I don’t think Goodhype is under any illusions that it’s an AAF A-2 leather jacket. He’s referring to a US Navy cloth deck jacket also designated A-2. I can’t answer the question, label looks legit military to me, but I know next to nothing about these jackets. However the Navy A-2 is quite highly thought of around here, several guys have them (I’d like one myself), and I’m sure somebody will know.

Thomas Koehle

i got 9 of them - will check the Labels and let you know whether i got one also ...

as for my Information - and as far as i remember off Labels i'd seen on the net so far - i never heard about it

B-Man2

This is a US Navy A2 jacket
3E5171F6-1D87-494C-93FE-7F7C19A920BF.jpeg

This is a US Army Air Force A2 jacket
88671DD6-E40F-4107-A80C-C4F7B4A3D9CC.jpeg

The leather A2 jacket was made during WWII
while the cloth USN deck jacket was made during the late 1960s through the 1990s
Hope that clears up the issue
Cheers

Wholenineyards

I am not soliciting another Forum (that I am not a member of) but after a short Search I have found this thread. Unless it is bad form to import an external thread, in which case I am sorry, here is the link. Maybe it does help.

Juanito

I don’t think Goodhype is under any illusions that it’s an AAF A-2 leather jacket. He’s referring to a US Navy cloth deck jacket also designated A-2. I can’t answer the question, label looks legit military to me, but I know next to nothing about these jackets. However the Navy A-2 is quite highly thought of around here, several guys have them (I’d like one myself), and I’m sure somebody will know.
Got it, my mistake.