• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-2 Bronco or United Sheeplined or...

asiamiles

Obviously this has been relined (unattractively, where do people get these ideas?!) had a mouton collar added (something I like, though it's balding on the edges) and probably had the zip replaced, so restoring it mightn't be so cheap...and the elbows look a bit worrying.

But anyway, the pockets suggest to me that it's either a Bronco or a United Sheeplined, and though it could be a private purchase jacket, it kind-of looks like a depot redye. Your thoughts?

a2custom_zpsjocwbvvw.jpg

a2customb_zpsqcvlzj03.jpg

Roughwear

The shoulder seams appear to be centred under the epaulets which would indicate a Sheeplined A2. I would need to see more pictures of the jacket, such as the snaps and inside the pockets to be sure.

asiamiles

Roughwear said:
The shoulder seams appear to be centred under the epaulets which would indicate a Sheeplined A2.
Think you might be right, though hard to be sure from the terrible photos.

chamboid

Length of the flaps seems to be a bit more Sheeplind too.

What's happened to the collars snaps months body and under the collar?

asiamiles

chamboid said:
Length of the flaps seems to be a bit more Sheeplind too.

What's happened to the collars snaps months body and under the collar?
Yes, the pocket flaps do look look like the slightly longer ones found on the US. Actually, it looks to me like the collar might actually be snapped down when this photo was taken. There is one more photo of the jacket but as you can see, it doesn't reveal anything, except that the zipper must be a replacement, and not a particularly well chosen one.

a2custom3_zpseepu3akz.jpg