• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-1 Jacket

wingman

Can anyone tell me about this jacket. My friend is buying me one and I don't know much of the history. I once heard that it never saw service. On the other hand I heard that it was navy issue and did in fact see service.
Any thoughts?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
We like the A-1, and yes it did see service ... all through the 1920's until it was replaced by the A-2. The Navy issued jacket is similar, and known as the 37J1.

There's more I could tell you, but try the 76 pages here ....

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=315&start=0

wingman

Thanks for all the help thus far! I did receive my us authentic A-1 and I am very impressed but it seems to run big. I ordered a 46 as this is my suit size but this jacket does not fit as perfect as I was hoping. For those that own one, would you say that it should be sent back for a 44? Or would you toss it in the washer and introduce some water to assist with shrinking it or just send it back. I want the jacket to fit properly.