• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A-1 Flying Jacket - Headwind MFG Co

Skyhawk

Hello all, I am pleased to present my latest project the G&F 31-800P contract A-1 flying jacket. It is now available for order in all the standard sizes 36-48. It came out fantastic! Here are the specifications:

Hide - Thick supple Capeskin (Dark Russet)
Knits - 100% Wool (Med Brown)
Liner - 100% Cotton Sateen
Buttons - Antique Horn Style (Dark Brown)
Inside Buttons - Antique style simulated Ivory

Price $475 (Special forum price)

Photos (More photos will be posted soon)

Rutger

Darn, wish I hadn't yet a closet full of jackets. Darn, wish I hadn't chopped the moneytree.
It looks good, would love to do a comparison with the ELC but I can't justify buying one just for that. I like cape rather smooth than heavily grained.
Maybe DrH won't be able to resist.

Silver Surfer

looks right, in all of the right places,,,,,and its a whole lot less dough then the other a-1s out there. it should be a big hit for those that cant pony up 1k or more for an a-1.

zhz44

what's the measurements of size 36? Can you do any alternation on sleeve length, jacket length etc?

Skyhawk

zhz44 said:
what's the measurements of size 36? Can you do any alternation on sleeve length, jacket length etc?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Size 36 - chest 19.5, shoulders 17.5", arms 24.5", length 24.5"

We can custom tailor any size for a fee of $50

bseal

Would like to see rear of A-1 jacket as well as open full lining image please.

Skyhawk

I will be posting more photos soon. Including mannequin and fit shots. The Photo shoot is in the works. I should have more posted by the end of the week.

The back is the same as the original and the ELC jacket with the horizontal line below the shoulders.