• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

924th ARS patched L-2b‏

oose

Hi all,

I finally got around to reinvesting the proceeds from the sale of my Dobbs MA-1, I picked up this 65 G model Alpha, (still trying to buy better more minty nylon jackets). Just wondered if any of you had any info on this squadron or pilot, I've looked but can't find any period photos to place this jacket, I'm thinking 68-72, I post better shots when it arrives, I particularly like the style of name patch (red on white) used by the unit, it looks in near perfect condition. Can't find any info on Master Navigator Major McHugh, but I've just started research. Lt. Col Hague used the same set wish mine had the 100 baggage drills patch!(for sale at Lee-Jackson Militaria)

The jacket came from Stockton, California not far from Castle AFB base were the 93rd Bomb Wing was based. This will be my second jacket from the 93rd BW as I already have a nice patched N-2b from the 328th BS.

and the patch set from Lee-Jackson Militaria.

All the best
Stu

Peter Graham

Nice score Stu. You're right, the name strip is cool. I can't recall ever seeing red on white. More pics when it arrives please. :)

Silver Surfer

interesting. i have a 1959 version on ebay currently. cloth name tag, and with original patches. not being a man of the cloth, i have no idea of its value, as it came to me with other aaf and usaf gear. its marked extra large. if any one is interested its item # 331053937001

oose

Silver Surfer said:
interesting. i have a 1959 version on ebay currently. cloth name tag, and with original patches. not being a man of the cloth, i have no idea of its value, as it came to me with other aaf and usaf gear. its marked extra large. if any one is interested its item # 331053937001

Hi,
I find the price of nylon is mostly governed by its condition, minty untouched examples of 50's nylon can command big bucks, yet the same contract a few days later with badly moth'd knits can go for a fraction of the price, if your patient you can get a really good example for under $150, this one was buy me now at $110. I reckon you will do well with this as even the patch alone is desirable and the jacket with new knits would look great. The XL size will help it! :)

All the best
stu

bebel

Patched and named L-2B from those early versions are quite rare. Moreover when the unit is a Sabre squadron. Great jacket although all knits are destroyed.
Franck

Silver Surfer

collar and wrist knits are supplied with the jac. on another note, i just spent 20 mins trying to get some info on c.r. dougherty. nada. anyone have a link to dougherty? i tried "headhunters", no info on the hh reunion site.

Rutger

Loverly jacket.

It might be a nice idea to database which type of name tags were used in which time span during pre-CWU-36/45, as by now it seems to me that from the tape versions alone there must be a hand ful (white on red, black on white, white on blue definitely).

Members online

Latest posts