• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

88th Fighter Squadron Patch ID'd as C Flight

EMBLEMHUNTER

That was their patch/emblem for the 'single" engine period of the unit , they later got P-38's and changed the design , I think the devil then had "two" tails on the emblem.
Johnny

a2jacketpatches

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
That was their patch/emblem for the 'single" engine period of the unit , they later got P-38's and changed the design , I think the devil then had "two" tails on the emblem.
Johnny
Makes sense on the forked tail devil, the p-38's nickname as well. Any idea what he's holding? my patch looks like a ball of energy or something to that effect, but on the sign and plane looks like a couple of arrows.

EMBLEMHUNTER

He's holding two 50 cal machine guns and they're firing and the flames are at ends of barrels and the "rounds" converge into point
Johnny
There's kind of a burst like effect around the rounds .

EMBLEMHUNTER

I think that is a ww2 era patch, the design is at least , but it could be one of those really good "aged" repros ....................
Johnny
The details are a little vague in the machine guns and the barrels/flames at tips of barrels