• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

80th Fighter Sqd "Jungle Native Bird" emblem help...........

EMBLEMHUNTER

Anyone of the forum possibly have the background/good image of the 80th Fighter Squadron ???????

It was with the 8th Fighter Group, it depicts a cartoon black bird wearing a native loincloth like around waist, teeth necklace and spats on his feet, he's holding a long spear in one hand and a large shield with a lighnting bolt in ohter riased above his his, one foot off the ground and spear ready to throw .

I'm trying to find out who drew this one, Hank Porter "possibly" or one of the other artist Disney studios used, also as mentioned a decent color image or at least a good line drawing image and color noted if possible of it ........................................

I think this one was a "possible" fro when they switched over to thier P-38's from the P-400/P-39's they had in early combat .

I'd appreciate any help from the forum members, thanks all and have a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny/Emblemhunter

EMBLEMHUNTER

Re: 80th Fighter Sqd "Jungle Native Bird" emblem help.......

Got a very nice reply from jbmilart abotu this emblem , Thanks VERY much Jim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Odd how they"18th" would have wanted a "jungle" themed type of emblem seeing as they were out of the Alaskan territories ...................
But as you told me , it was never used , still wondering if it had some "link" to the 80th too seeing as they were in the "jungle" areas during the war ,and flew both the P-38 and P-47 , both having a "Lightning/Bolt" theme to the aircraft ....................

Johnny

EMBLEMHUNTER

At this site, outducks.org , they have the emblem of this design titled 80th Fighter Squadron , under the united states listing click it, then scroll down to "Walt Disney Comics and Stories , then click into 1-207 , then click number 44 issue , Donald Duck on cover with cat otufit on and two cats howling and shoes hurling towards them, it is the inside back cover page top left in the image.
Johnny

EMBLEMHUNTER

The issue it is in , May 1944 Vol 4 number 4 , anybody possibly have this one and could post the image??????????????
It's at the top left on back inside page .

Johnny