• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

464th Fighter Squadron Patch - REVISED

CBI

Having finished my "Red Tails" patch gig. I am going back (slowly) to some other jacket projects - that will take for ever. Here is a "color study" patch I painted and aged today as a first go around for a later project:

464th Fighter Squadron, 507th Fighter Group, 20th Air Force. I have always liked this rather unsusual Disney design.

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2116-1.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

A

Anonymous

Re: 464th Fighter Squadron Patch

Hi CBI nice work on the patch that one must of been a bitch to do .I seen a lot of patches but never seen this one ,it has a very art deco feel to it and I did not see the arrow until I looked at it for a while .Great patch wonder why we do not see this reproduced more often ,your like me you stay away from the ones we see over and over again.Thanks for posting it ,you have captured that look of WW2 artistry , some people just dont seem to grasp it and its hard to put into words what it is ,My best description would be a talented artist with pizazz but not a full blown master .Would you agree with that statement .

All the Best Jeff

CBI

Re: 464th Fighter Squadron Patch

Thanks. Yes, they are really folk art, good looking but not perfect by today's standards. Its getting busy on this end from about now through May/June but I hope to paint some jackets in the summer. If this moves ahead as planned, I will be doing sample, test versions of everything (insignia, jacket backs etc.) first. I will post if I can but it will be very slow at best. I also have a few people locally who want me to piant some Eastman's and a Goodwear (in memory of fathers/grandfathers who were WWII vets). This will take time. A fun hobby for sure!