• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

417th Bombardment group

A

Anonymous

iHere is another patch I made all leather ,Walt Disney I am sure.If no one minds I will post one patch a week as I make them and will take requests from forum members for any patches they would like to see made and displayed ,so any one got any favourite patches .

1asa001.jpg

437c_11.jpg
Ebay item

Here is an original patch on ebay for comparision ,its rather dark because of the age

http://cgi.ebay.com/USAAF-World-War-II- ... 240%3A1318

All the best Jeff

A

Anonymous

Hi guys thanks for the input ,I have made some that were perfect in every way but they just did not feel right .Andrew I will make one of the four you linked to ,I will pm for your address when it has been posted .You picked some difficult ones but I will see what I can do .Better duck do you have any favourites ?.All the best

All the best Jeff

better duck

DUBOWA2 said:
Better duck do you have any favourites ?

Yep: the "fait accompli" patch of the 457th (see this link: http://www.457thbombgroup.org/
And I like the one with the Joker and the four aces cards very much (don't know what group that belonged to, and whether it was a bomber of fighter group - but some member will probably put me right!

Andrew

DUBOWA2 said:
Andrew I will make one of the four you linked to ,I will pm for your address when it has been posted .You picked some difficult ones but I will see what I can do.

:eek: Thanks Jeff, I was really only joking about sending it to me, but since you're offering I won't say no! We'll work out a cost though ok?

I'll add it to my mini collection of repros (1x Jerome, 1x 15thAF vet)

better duck

Leadsky said:
DUBOWA2 said:
Andrew I will make one of the four you linked to ,I will pm for your address when it has been posted .You picked some difficult ones but I will see what I can do.

:eek: Thanks Jeff, I was really only joking about sending it to me, but since you're offering I won't say no! We'll work out a cost though ok?

I'll add it to my mini collection of repros (1x Jerome, 1x 15thAF vet)
Hey Jeff, If that was the background of your question, I agree with Andrew!

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew I need your address here is the patch 95% finished ,proved more difficult than I thought but I got there .I would not of picked this one to make ,but I am glad I did because I learned a lot .What do you think ,I need to work on the outlining and shoot it with matt gloss mix 50/50 finish and then it should be done . Its laying on an Eastman to give you an Idea of scale .It is 5" in diameter and all leather .

007-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

421.jpg

here is the patch I copied

All the best Jeff

A

Anonymous

Peter I am going to start work on your patch this week ,it going to be the jester with the cards in the background .I think if I am correct it is the 570th BS if we are talking about the same one .

570thBS12.jpg

All the best Jeff

Andrew

Wow Jeff, I love it! 529th- Little Beaver-what a cool looking patch especially on the jacket. The detail is amazing and it's not hard to see where all the work is. I can feel another project coming on. Thanks very much for making this, i'll pm ya.

No luck so far but I'll try to find a shot of it in use....

A

Anonymous

Hi Peter here is a patch I have made today ,I made four others at the same time the other three need the faces mounted and detailing .This one I think I can do better the face is not quite right but it is close .I will post the others when they are done .I will give you the best one of the four , remember it is all leather and the detailing can never be as sharp as a painted version because of the stiching .This is a patch I always liked but never thought I could make it because it was to complicated ,so here it is

1bbb11111031.jpg

1bbb11111032.jpg

All the best Jeff

better duck

Beautifully done; actually "I couldn't do better detailling because this is a leather piece with sewing thread" is in one way a bonus: i gives the patch a theatermade look and feel. Really appreciate it!

A

Anonymous

Chris217 said:
Jeff, your becoming the John Chapman of leather insignia!!

Well Chris nice of you to say so ,but I think I similar to a 1995 John Chapman not comparable to his ability today .
While I have your attention are there any patches that you like .Let me make you one ,this is about me honing my skill and you get a patch out of it also .

All the best Jeff

Andrew

Another example of one of the group who's inspired and willing to have go with similarly impressive results. I'm sure a lot of the work we admire was produced with the same generous spirit.

A

Anonymous

better duck said:
Beautifully done; actually "I couldn't do better detailling because this is a leather piece with sewing thread" is in one way a bonus: i gives the patch a theatermade look and feel. Really appreciate it!

Ok Peter we have four patches to choose from tell me which one you want,Thanks .

A B
C D

020-2.jpg

All the best Jeff

better duck

DUBOWA2 said:
Ok Peter we have four patches to choose from tell me which one you want,Thanks .
A B
C D

020-2.jpg

All the best Jeff

If it's up to me, I'll go for A. In this one the face of the jester comes out best, IMO. For details I'll PM you! And many thanks!

A

Anonymous

Hi Peter got you email many thanks ,the A patch is the one I am happiest with and would of picked my self .My weakness is character faces ,but I will work on it and get better .

All the best Jeff .

Andrew

380th BG

Jeff, the patch (s) arrived today. All I can say is Wow! They are excellent- much more impressive in real life. I know Peter will fee the same way.

I know you are only doing this for fun but these are very cleverly put together and i love the handmade look of them- not too fussy and neat, like most things these days are. At least you can tell that these were cut and assembled by a human! They are worth money so don't go giving any more away! The bonus is that they smell great too- what kind of leather are you using?

Here's the 529th Sq 380BG patch on my old Aero i'm refurbishing to give it context. If i ever decide to patch up one of my GW's this will be the patch to use. Thanks very much.

RIMG0004.jpg

RIMG0006.jpg

Now to show what a Gentleman you are i'll include these three you snuck into the parcel as well.
Thanks Mate, very much appreciated. You ought to be doing this for the movies ;)!

RIMG0010.jpg

RIMG0011.jpg

RIMG0012.jpg

Ok with this one the wings could be slightly angled upward at the corners but ...great work none-the-less!
RIMG0008.jpg