• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

349th Bombardment Squadron?

jschare

Is this an alternate patch for the 349th? I thought the 349th had Mickey Mouse. What squadron would this be if not the 349th?

EMBLEMHUNTER

your patch is one of the "poor" copies of the original Disney design of the 349th Bomb Sqd of the 100th Bomb Group, a much better image of this design is in the book "Disney Dons Dogtags" .

I have never seen this design actually "used" in their squadron , the one most likely used was the one of Mickey Mouse riding Pluto with his long 'ear/wings" Mickey has dropped a couple of bombs and is holding several over a cloud on a round background .

EMBLEMHUNTER

yeah , that's a better image of it , I have only seen the first one you posted on several sites , mostly E bay for sale , there were a bunch of "supposed" RKO pictures" made lot of all sorts of the Squadrons etc , all were Very poor quality copies of the emblems, many were wrong colors etc .
Your second posted patch looks also to be a recent repro , better done in the details/colors .

If you're seeking a patch of this emblem I can make you a nice leather one .........................