• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3 original a-2 jackets painted

Roughwear

Its interesting that the same guy is selling three painted A2s at the same time. I love the art work and they would display well. Sadly the Spiewak is very distressed at the shoulders and collar and the Monarch has issues with the HH. The Perry is in great condition generally, with its Dubow-coloured knits(replacements?) and could be worn.

TankBuster

He is a European dealer. They have been listed on his website for years.
I suppose he just decided to unload them for whatever he can get now.

Dr H

Jeff, is the size of the Perry listed on the website?

I have asked the vendor for dimensions, and it's difficult to gauge from the dummy and crusher, but it doesn't look especially large.

Cheers

Ian

Dr H

Thanks Jeff - I'm looking for a wearer (Perry HH in a 42) so it's the key question for me, having ascertained condition.

The jury is in and the measurements are:

Armpit to Armpit = 47 cm
Rear Length = 62 cm
Zipper Length = 55 cm
Shoulder to Shoulder = 46 cm
Epaulette length = 17 cm

I'm out - one for the smaller forum members I'm afraid... :(

TankBuster

Ian,
No problem. Perry tended to cut their jacket on the small size. You may need
a wartime 44. As always though, there can be vast differences from what a
wartime A-2 jacket is tagged, to how it actually measures out.
Good luck on the hunt!

Dr H

Thanks Jeff, the search is certainly keeping me busy :) . Quite a few HH Perrys have come up on Ebay recently (a couple of which would have suited me down to the ground in other respects) but generally they have been on the small side as you've observed :x .

My goat Perry is a true 42 and it'll need to be something similar (or a wartime 44 as you suggest) to do the job. The 40s that have come up (typically 21 inches from pit-to-pit) have been just too trim for me :oops: .

Andrew

They're all fantastic but I love the last one, even in it's current condition- but what nut for flipping it inside out and risking further damage!

Jaydee

Leadsky said:
They're all fantastic but I love the last one, even in it's current condition- but what nut for flipping it inside out and risking further damage!
What a nut indeed! I too cringed when I saw that.