• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2008 Goodwear Dubow- fourth season of wear

Andrew

Just starting my fourth season with this great jacket. Hopefully it'll be even better after the next three months.

RIMG0052-1.jpg

RIMG0060-1.jpg

RIMG0059-1.jpg

RIMG0056-1.jpg

DSC_1222-1.jpg

RIMG0054-1.jpg

DSC_1221-1.jpg

johnwayne

Despite logging on to this site everyday, sometimes several times a day, I sometimes think my love and interest in all things A2 is maybe not as great as it has been in the past and then up pops a thread like this and I realise it hasn't! Great jacket and another example of JC's excelllent work, plus it tells me I want a seal brown A2, currently lacking from all my other 'brown leather' jackets, as the Mrs describes them!! It'll have a to wait for the time being though as I've just rec'd my A1 from Mark (Fishmeok) and well chuffed I am with it too

cheers
Wayne

Roughwear

Andrew your jacket certainly looks like it has been worn for four years in the War. I'm sure you don't wear it to paint your house like many vets did post War! ;)

A

Anonymous

this is all natural wear? or artificial? like jumping out of planes without parachute?

dmar836

Andrew, I can't remember if you mentioned it in another thread but did you HWT or anything? Maybe it's just open touring in the Outback? Whatever you've done, you did it right and we'll all be on your heels to do the same!
Dave

Andrew

Thanks for the kind comments guys. It's Horween hide which was the first HH option after the Various types of Cow John started with and it looks very different from when it was new.

Wrt abuse, I wet it the week I got it to make it conform to my shape, then over the next couple of years wore it, bumped into brickwalls I passed by and last year ran hot water over it in a handbasin, wore it damp till dry. It's never had any sanding or similar so I'm not sure why the eps are so exposed. The larger patches that have lost paint happened in the first few weeks of wear and these were points of intense folds or naturally occuring creases in the leather. If you feel the leather its actually not consistent thickness. Also noticed that the areas that are graining up tend to be over the shoulders and the backs of the arms. My theory is those are the areas that get stretched the most as you move.

I do treat it pretty roughly, throwing it into corners, the car etc but it loves rough treatment!

My only issue has been the Crown zipper tape has slightly torn at the base of the female side but I've sorted that with a dab of hot glue.

I'd love the same jacket in the latest hide but until I have the spare funds I'll just continue with this one. It's also been signed by RAAF Kittyhawk, Beaufighter, liberator and Beaufort Pilots so its pretty special all round.