1989 Kakadu Oilskin Motorcycle Jacket

Discussion in 'Moto / Utility Jackets' started by katana_thriller, Apr 17, 2017.

1. katana_thriller

katana_thriller New Member

Years ago, I bought a Kakadu Traders Australia Oilskin Motorcycle jacket from a now closed vintage clothing store for, if I remember correctly, around $40. I bought it because it had a uniqueness to it, but eventually gave it to a friend because it didn't fit me the way I wanted it to.

After completely wearing my Berman to shreds... I hit my buddy up to see if he still had it. I offered to buy it back but he kindly let me have it back.

This jacket is a little short on me, as it was nearly 10 years ago, but I fell in love with it all over again.

After extensive google/ebay searches, I can't for the life of me find a Kakadu Oilskin in a motorcycle cut.

My question to you is, have you ever seen or heard of such a jacket? Should I keep this thing in the closet? I can't seem to let it off my shoulders. 20170417_014355.jpg 20170417_014522.jpg

2. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Active Member

does not look familiar to be ...

just for the cut and material I'd rather use it than preserve it ...

3. eighty7h

eighty7h New Member

I agree...wear it. I've not come across that brand either.

4. Bombing IP

Bombing IP Active Member

Its a CHP cut of a Belstaff ,nothing special . Company started by Richard Carles Willis in 1972 still around ,I do not see that jacket in there lineup any more ,their avg price of jacket are USD 180 .
    https://us.kakaduaustralia.com/collections/jackets

BIP

Last edited: May 5, 2017