• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1989 Kakadu Oilskin Motorcycle Jacket

katana_thriller

Hi, new member.

Years ago, I bought a Kakadu Traders Australia Oilskin Motorcycle jacket from a now closed vintage clothing store for, if I remember correctly, around $40. I bought it because it had a uniqueness to it, but eventually gave it to a friend because it didn't fit me the way I wanted it to.

After completely wearing my Berman to shreds... I hit my buddy up to see if he still had it. I offered to buy it back but he kindly let me have it back.

This jacket is a little short on me, as it was nearly 10 years ago, but I fell in love with it all over again.

After extensive google/ebay searches, I can't for the life of me find a Kakadu Oilskin in a motorcycle cut.

My question to you is, have you ever seen or heard of such a jacket? Should I keep this thing in the closet? I can't seem to let it off my shoulders.

(Old Battle vest for reference.)

Attachments

• 20170417_014355.jpg
    20170417_014355.jpg
    823.4 KB · Views: 364
  • 20170417_014522.jpg
    20170417_014522.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 20170417_014435.jpg
    20170417_014435.jpg
    780.8 KB · Views: 324

blackrat2

Hi
Welcome,can't assist with your questions but a nice looking jacket from the top pick
Some of the other folk on here might assist so persevere and wait a little to see if you gets some replies

Who

Not really old enough to be vintage. I remember the brand. In the 1980's a bunch of companies made a range of oilskin jackets on the back of the success of the movie The Man From Snowy River. I guess they were trying to compete against Drizabone and by extension, Barbour. Most of those companies are no longer with us. No idea what happened to this company. I saw one of their longer traditional style riding jackets in a charity store late last year. Tourists to Australia were their main market.

Wear it.

Last edited: