• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1942 A-8B

Edward

yes! I saw yours and about flipped! had no idea they existed. never seen one posted anywhere before.

Carl

20180819_113351.jpg

Edward

@dmar836 The Type A9a Regulator is the correct one for attaching the A8b to the A4 bottle . I just had a look through the TO NO 03-50-1 . all the info you need is in that manual :)
funny you should mention that manual. guess who snagged an original copy of the April 25,1945 Army Air Forces issued Handbook of Instructions with Parts Catalog for the Type A-8B Oxygen Mask, TO # 03-50B-2? Me that's who! and Comes with October 24, 1945 revision!
961443273_tp.jpg
s-l1600-6.jpg

dmar836

Carl,
That drawing appears to show the plumbing for a fighter which could use the A-9a mounted in the panel. I had not noticed that regulator used with a walk around bottle until the pic Edward shared. So there are other variations based on mobility, etc. Still wondering about the extension hose from the 6022-A-13 regulator to the A-10/A-14, etc. masks.
Dave

Carl

Carl,
That drawing appears to show the plumbing for a fighter which could use the A-9a mounted in the panel. I had not noticed that regulator used with a walk around bottle until the pic Edward shared. So there are other variations based on mobility, etc. Still wondering about the extension hose from the 6022-A-13 regulator to the A-10/A-14, etc. masks.
Dave
ill have a look to see what that TO says Dave !

Carl

Carl,
Dave
im sure one of my A4 bottlesthat i had , had the A13a regulator ? or was it the 6022-1 ?? ill have to find some pics ! the hose to connect them was just the hose that was on the mask wasnt it ?? i know there had been some extension hoses for sale a while back