• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1937 Contract HLB, Type A-2

Roughwear

foster said:
One other detail about zippers, and I humbly ask to be corrected if I am mistaken, but the early zippers had the rivet for reinforcement, followed by the diagonal stitch in place of the rivet. Some contracts from 1942(?) onward had neither rivet nor diagonal stitch.

The absence of the diagonal stitch on this is another curiosity.

Foster this is correct. From late 1941 some contracts dispensed with the diagonal stitching at the base of the zipper.

Peter Graham

PLATON said:
Are the sleeves slim, or they appear this way because the jac is small size?
"jac" ? Sometimes busy people shorten things but surely the letters "ket" are not beyond you to type ?

Peter Graham

Sorry, I overreacted there but the word "jac" reminds me of an expression my teenage son would use. I thought that on a vintage jacket forum I would be safe from crap like that, but I was wrong.

FGA

Hi to all,
New to posting here but I have been watching the forum for years now (amazing amount of infos and knowledge)
This jacket looks like another "Lawton" civilian jacket:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WW...545?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a2f4b269

Here's one of my jacket, a civilian contract, with some distinct features: goatskin, snap on collar, pocket shape and navy style waistband.
(No label but similar features on Lawton jackets I saw before):
IMG_4910_zpsckycnee3.jpg.html

From John facebook pages:
"H.L.B. Corp. had one contract in 1937 for 375 A-2 jackets, but later, they made many A-2 style jackets for the civilian market, for companies such as Air Associates, Missouri Aviation, and even their own line called Lawton Sportswear"
Any other infos welcome,
Frederic (from France)