• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

118th Tactical Recon Sqn, CBI

JDAM

Howdy,

With the exception of the jacket below, has anyone a photo of a patched A-2 from the 118th TRS?

post-342-1278178938.jpg

TankBuster

I'm pretty certain I have seen wartime photos of a patched 118th jacket before with the later mustang patch you show. Now just to remember where? I have a photo album from a 118th pilot. It may have been in there? I will look around when I get a chance.

bazelot

Whoaa, that is one fantastic jacket. I am not too much into A-2s but I have to say I wouldn't mind owning that one....

TankBuster

bazelot said:
Whoaa, that is one fantastic jacket. I am not too much into A-2s but I have to say I wouldn't mind owning that one....

Well..... you could have......it only would have cost you $12,000 on eBay about 4 years ago!!! ;) The highest price I have seen a A-2 fetch on ebay. I know others have sold for much more on other venues.

FlyingYankee

So happens this is my unit at the CT air national guard. we have thousands of photos stored right near my office along with an original flying tigers Monarch A-2 with CBI patches. I will see if I get some time to find what you want.

JDAM

p.s. it's the leather patch that I'm really interested in seeing on an A-2. Here's a pic of a loose one I found on another website:

post-2901-0-58275000-1402339710.jpg