• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100th BG jacket art gallery

Greg Gale

Not sure if his has been posted before, but here's an amazing collection of painted originals from the 100th BG. Many of them appear to be Rough Wears.

https://100thbg.com/index.php?optio...ticle&id=28&Itemid=174&gallery=9&limitstart=0

Here's one for @Smithy :)

290612160325000000smith_fg01.jpg

There are also tons of other photos of the 100th, so feel free to turn this thread into a "bomber boy A-2 fit" collection, complementing that other one about the 4th FG.

Smithy

I'm currently doing my first attempt at stencilling Greg, a T-shirt on which I'm painting a 100th (349th Sqn) design ;)

Smithy

Dmitry is right Greg he does look like you! What happened with the mo? I tried for Movember once but it ended up looking like the one on a Mexican bandit from an old cowboy flick.

Greg Gale

LOL, my girfriend's first reaction was "Jeeesus, I thought that was you! " :D

PS: I also grew it for Movember, but it turns out I was the only one who liked it :p

Last edited:

falcon_ib

Great pictures from the Bloody Hundredth!
Tim, let us know how the t-shirt stenciling goes. I've been toying with the idea for months and just picked up some fabric paint and brushes, and I'm hoping not to ruin tooooo many tshirts in the learning process!

Smithy

Great pictures from the Bloody Hundredth!
Tim, let us know how the t-shirt stenciling goes. I've been toying with the idea for months and just picked up some fabric paint and brushes, and I'm hoping not to ruin tooooo many tshirts in the learning process!

Thanks! It's not going too badly for a first attempt. I've had a ton of help and advice from VLJ's resident stencil maestro Ties who has been so kind sharing his knowledge.

Here's a couple of things I've learnt thus far...

The first one is to use very, very thin coats of paint. If you scale model, then it's the same as dry brushing, so use multiple very thin layers and applications rather than splodging a whole ton of paint on in one go.

Secondly, if you're doing it on a dark fabric you either need to use textile paints specifically for use on dark fabric or you need to lay down a white layer first to build the colour on.

Thirdly, you don't need to spend a bucket load on fancy contact paper or the like, Ties recommended good old 160gm paper/card which is a darn sight cheaper and works fine. I bought a whole ream of the stuff for the equivalent of a couple of bucks.

Fourthly, stencilling seems to be highly addictive and a great deal of fun to do. I've got an aviator kit bag next on the list, the old WPG A-2 will probably get a "Smitty" stencil
à la the above pic, and I bought an armful of T-shirts from H&M to do a few designs on. And my daughter is already asking me to make her a T-shirt!

Smithy

Well here's my first attempt at stencilling. The design is a complete rip-off of one of Josh's designs but I wanted a Disney character with a few different colours and a lot of complex curves and angles to practice for a first outing. I also was keen on doing El P'sstofo (I know this artwork is just made up) as I enjoyed that doco "The Air War" which had interviews with Joe Armanini who was bombardier on El P'sstofo.

Obviously this is my first go at doing this and this still needs some touching up, especially the black outlines. It'll also have El P'sstofo text above and 349th BS, 100th BG below the design. It's not perfect by any means but I've really enjoyed doing this (more so than scale modelling which is either worrying or a revelation).

0s7w8gt.jpg

B-Man2

Tim
That’s an awesome 1st attempt!
I see a new career on the horizon for you.
Ties: Are you watching?. Smithy is knocking on your door;)

Persimmon

Tim
Ties: You better watch out. Smithy is knocking on you door;)

Quick Ties take off that painted and stencilled mankini or Smithy will be having that too

Smithy

Tim
Ties: Are you watching?. Smithy is knocking on your door;)

Thanks Burt, although I've got a long way to go to reach that sort of standard! It wouldn't have turned out half as good if it hadn't been for Ties's advice and tips - thanks Ties.

Quick Ties take off that painted and stencilled mankini or Smithy will be having that too

I'm thinking a onesie with "Big Boy" and victory markings Alan!

Persimmon

Thanks Burt, although I've got a long way to go to reach that sort of standard! It wouldn't have turned out half as good if it hadn't been for Ties's advice and tips - thanks Ties.

I'm thinking a onesie with "Big Boy" and victory markings Alan!

Ah ..... simple but classy