• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

06-06-44

Atticus

I don't know if this has been mentioned on the forum or not, but today is June 6th.

If my Uncle Jule were still alive, I would call him today and thank him. But maybe he can read this from where ever he is.

AF

Curahee

Atticus said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned on the forum or not, but today is June 6th.

If my Uncle Jule were still alive, I would call him today and thank him. But maybe he can read this from where ever he is.

AF

Yes I am aware of this "Day of Days" indeed ! and I hereby salute all those brave soldiers who fought and died during WW-2

John Lever

I was very surprised that there was nothing on the news today. The most important event in the past 100 years is no longer news worthy it seems.

Peter Graham

John Lever said:
I was very surprised that there was nothing on the news today. The most important event in the past 100 years is no longer news worthy it seems.
Sad but true. No one cares anymore. If whatever celeb went into rehab today, that would be a different matter.

RudyN

Most people don't think about history and what went on before them, only what can I get today. I bet that if I asked my wife she wouldn't know and I am a very Big history buff.

airfrogusmc

My dad was there.

There was a story here about a French guy that was 10 when we landed. He came here and now owns a very expensive French restaurant and had a celebration for all the surviving vets that were there that day. I think theres only 10 or so that were actually able to make it the restaurant. But he did it to thank them. It was a great story.

A

Anonymous

Peter Graham said:
John Lever said:
Sad but true. No one cares anymore. If whatever celeb went into rehab today, that would be a different matter.
Culture today is morally bankrupt.

A

Anonymous

MarkP40 said:
Peter Graham said:
John Lever said:
Culture today is morally bankrupt.

You are proof that is untrue.

bombs away

Hi,

Here in France, just a few words on TV news.
May be next year it will be more important for the 65th celebration ?

Just have a look to these original hundreds pictures of the Normandy battle.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/photosnormandie/
Comments are in French but most of the pictures speak by themselves.

I have the luck to be in touch with veterans (mostly AAF), but if you know some by your side please tell them that they will never be forgotten here, as those who gave their life here in France.

2560493949_6d1ae4ccf3_o.jpg

Tim.

Members online

Latest posts